Thursday, June 18, 2009

Grocery

This is going to sound really really silly, but: Holy cow groceries are expensive!

I know, it sounds weird considering I've lived on my own and have been buying the groceries for a little over a year now. But that was then, when we could actually afford to buy pretty much whatever we needed/wanted. Just throw it in the cart, we have enough to cover this.

But now that I need to squeeze as much as I can out of ever dollar that I don't really have, wow food is expensive.

In part of teaching myself to be frugal, I've started clipping coupons. My favorite source is Coupon Bug. I also try to stock up on dry goods and some grocery items from Wal-Mart (I know, it's evil and destroys communities. I'll get back to that mindset when I actually have money to be picky. For now, its cheap cheap cheap).

My crowning victory as of late? Managing to get $47 worth of groceries for under $25. How? Coupons, sales, buying sale items with a coupon, AND double coupon day at the local grocery chain. I was pleasantly surprised to find that one of my coupon items was also buy one get one free.

I'm getting better at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment